Who we are
Quotes from the   Advisory Board
What we do





Uncommon Sense
Reprint Series
Special Reports

Faith Community

Job-Related News     Social Security  Legislation-MinWage

Do You Get a Fair Pay? Check your salary What are you worth?

Who Earns What? Alberti, Remapping Debate 1/14 [compare wage levels across 800 occupations].

Raising America's Pay, EPI; Raising America's Pay: Why It's Our Central Economic Policy Challenge, Bivens et al, EPI 5/14

A Decade of Flat Wages? Rios-Avila & Hotchkiss, Levy P 2014/4, 6/14

Employees’ Pay in U.S. Is Smaller Slice of Income Pie 7/14

Minimum Wage Laws in the States - January 1, 2013 (en español)

Wage Data from State of Working America, EPI, Mishel et al

Assessing the Job Polarization Explanation of Growing Wage Inequality, Mishel et al, 1/13

Going Nowhere: Workers' Wages Since the Mid-1970s, TCF, 1/13

The 10-Year Decline in Wages for Most College Graduates, Mishel, EPI, 10/12

Unionization Substantially Improves the Pay&Benefits of Latino Workers en español

Vast majority of wage earners are working harder, and for not much more, Mishel 1/13

Real Earnings in December 2014, BLS January 16, 2015 "Real average hourly earnings for all employees rose 0.1 percent from November to December, seasonally adjusted, the. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported today. This result stems from a 0.2 percent decrease in average hourly earnings combined with a 0.4 percent decrease in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U).

Real average weekly earnings increased by 0.2 percent over the month due to the increase in real average hourly earnings combined with no change in the average workweek.

Real average hourly earnings increased by 1.0 percent, seasonally adjusted, from December 2013 to December 2014. This increase in real average hourly earnings, combined with a 0.9 percent increase in the average workweek, resulted in a 1.9 percent increase in real average weekly earnings over this period." [emphasis added-jz]

Usual Weekly Earnings of Wage and Salary Workers Fourth Quarter 2014 BLS, January 21, 2015 "Median weekly earnings of the nation's 107.4 million full-time wage and salary workers were $799 in the fourth quarter of 2014 (not seasonally adjusted). This was 1.7 percent higher than a year earlier, compared with a gain of 1.2 percent in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers (CPI-U) over the same period." [emphasis added-jz]

Minimum Wage Workers Pay Cut Clock, EPI

Median income for full-time male workers in 2010: $47,715
Median income for full-time male workers in 1973: $49,065 [
2010 dollars] Pro Publica, 9/11

Have Earnings Actually Declined?, Greenstone & Looney, Brookings, Hamilton Project, 3/11

Source: Greenstone & Looney

Basic family budget calculator, What Families Need to Get By: 2013 Update, EPI 7/13

Change in real compensation by different income levels 8/9/07


SOURCE: Leonhardt, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/28/weekinreview/28leon.html

"In the past three years...shop-happy consumers, cheerfully determined to live beyond their means, leaned a lot more heavily on borrowings ($675 billion of non-mortgage debt) than paychecks ($530 billion) to cover the $1.3 trillion increase in their spending." .Source for charts: Stephanie Pomboy, MacroMavens, via Alan Abelson, Barron's, April 25, 2005; Abelson quoted in http://bigpicture.typepad.com/comments/

National Jobs for All Coalition
P.O. Box 96
Lynbrook, NY 11563

Email: njfac [at] njfac.org

The National Jobs for All Coalition is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization.